AllPets Training & Behavior Solutions is a multi-species animal behavior, training and pet sitting business.
I have experience caring for and training dogs, cats, parrots, horses and other equines, goats, sheep, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, lizards, goldfish and exotic animals from whales, wolves, coyotes, big cats, raptors-hawks, eagles and owls to reptiles and amphibians.
My goal is to help you build an even better relationship with your pet. Through reward-based training methods, you will be able to show your pet what you would like him to do, rather than tell him what you don’t like.
Many animal’s “issues” are based in frustration or fear and I can help you help your pet to change the way they feel about a situation rather than suppress the behavior you don’t like, which can often have severe repercussions. I want your pets to be happy and confident participants in their training.
I use the LIMA (Least Intrusive, Minimally Aversive) method of training.
LIMA guidelines require that consultants always offer the learner as much control and choice (agency) as possible during the learning process and treat each individual of any species with respect and understanding of their individual nature and needs.
Below are just a few examples of things we can work on together!
Puppy Socialization and Kindergarten
Start your puppy off right! In a safe and fun learning environment, your puppy will be introduced to:
- Other puppies and people
- A variety of surfaces, objects and sounds
- Reward-based training and some basic life skills like-sit, come & walking on a leash
I will also answer your questions about common puppy problems like nipping, chewing and house training.
Basic Manners Training
Practical skills for the real world! Would you like your dog to:
- Walk nicely on a loose leash?
- Return quickly and happily when you call?
- Wait until you give the okay to walk through a door?
- Greet your guests politely?
- Drop something he shouldn’t have when asked?
Stress Free Medical/Grooming
- Your pet can be less stressed during vet, groomer or farrier visits allowing exams, vaccinations, nail trims, hoof trims, etc.
- Your pet can be comfortable with daily medication like eye drops, injections and fluids.
- Muzzle training can be easy and fun for both of you.
Any animal is capable of learning to do tricks. Trick training is a fun way to spend more time with your pet and engages your pet’s mind.
You are limited only by your pet’s physical capabilities and your imagination!
- Destructive behavior
- Resource guarding-people, toys, food from other dogs, other animals or people
- Leash reactivity*
- Aggression *
*Many behavior issues that people consider aggression are fear-based. These behaviors cannot be “fixed” with punishment. The behavior may stop temporarily, but studies show it often comes back stronger than before. Teaching your dog coping skills, that he has choices, that good things happen when he sees things that he considers scary and that you have his back and will never force him into a frightening situation is the best way to overcome these issues.